Literary magazine Kenyon Review is inviting applications for a two-year post-graduate residential fellowship at Kenyon College, located in Gambier, Ohio. The fellowship aims to provide qualified individuals with time to develop as writers, teachers, and editors. The fellowship provides an annual US$35,150 stipend, plus health benefits.
The fellowship program commenced In 2012. It was as inspired by the great tradition of Kenyon Review literary fellowships awarded in the 1950s to writers such as Flannery O’Connor and W.S. Merwin in their formative years.
Fellows are expected to:
- Undertake a significant writing project and attend regular individual meetings with faculty mentors.
- Teach one class per semester in the English Department of Kenyon College, contingent upon departmental needs.
- Assist with creative and editorial projects for The Kenyon Review and KROnline.
- Participate in the cultural life of Kenyon College by regularly attending readings, lectures, presentations, and other campus activities.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must have:
- An MFA or PhD in creative writing, English literature, or comparative literature completed between 1 January 2012 and 15 September 2017.
- Teaching experience in creative writing and/or literature at the undergraduate level.
Applications open on Tuesday 15 August and will close on Friday 15 September.
There is no application fee. For further information and to apply visit the Kenyon Review website.